Excluding a lightly-used Kindle, the human section of my household has committed to a four-device maximum: an phone for each of us, a laptop for her, and a tablet for me. We don’t own a television, nor a voice-in-a-tube smart assistant, smart lights, etc. We don’t even own a microwave and I grind coffee beans by hand.
But for all technology things for work and play, we use Apple’s hardware and software. Here are the things I use.
- iPhone 7 Plus (2016) 128 GB + AirPods
- iPad Pro 10.5” (2017) 256 GB + Smart Keyboard and Pencil
I use an iCloud storage plan for everything.
- Default Apps: Notes, Reminders, Files, and Calendar
- Writing: iA Writer, Drafts, MindNode
- Reading: PDF Viewer, Books, Reeder
- Budget: Spend Stack
- Media: Darkroom, Moment Camera, Overcast, Netflix (thanks Chris) Spotify (thanks Regan), Ferrite
- Automation: Shortcuts, Opener, 1Password
- Photos: Moment 18mm wide and 58mm telephoto lenses
- Audio: Røde SC6-L interface and two smartLav+ mics