In time We shall make them fully understand Our messages through what they perceive in the utmost horizons of the universe and within themselves, so that it will become clear unto them that this revelation is indeed the truth. [41:53]
Islam, to me, is peace-seeking through surrendering to the Truth. It is a practice of discovering and aligning oneself to those messages of Truth out in the world and deep within to come into balance with the Creator and creation according to each one’s abilities and prior experiences. Islam is a system, and as such, is conceptualized and practiced differently all over the world. This is because the Qur’an was revealed for everyone, for all places, for all time. It is a continuation and a correction of a global Divine message, from the first Homo sapiens until the Prophet Muhammad. What better way to study this relationship between humanity, non-human creation, and God other than the Qur’an? Read, think, experience, and feel everything for yourself.
And do not follow that of which you have no knowledge.
Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart – all of these shall be questioned. [17:36]
I use various translations and listen to recitations of the Qur’an.
Thus does God make plain to you his proofs
That you might use reason. [2:242]
Notable Qur’an Translations & Interpretations
- Ghulam Ahmad Parwez’s The Exposition of the Qur’an (PDF)
- The Monotheist Group’s The Great Qur’an (PDF)
- Sam Gerrans’ The Qur’an: A Complete Revelation (PDF)
- Muhammad Asad’s The Message of the Qur’an
- M.A.S. Abdel Haleem’s The Qur’an
- Ahmad Zaki Hammad’s The Gracious Qur’an
Other Resources on Islam
- Said Mirza’s Will You Not Reason?: A Concordance of God’s arguments in the Qur’an (PDF)
- Ghulam Ahmad Parwez’s Islam: A Challenge to Religion (PDF)
- Ahmed Hulusi’s Muhammad’s Allah and The Power of Prayer
- The Monotheist Group’s The Natural Republic (PDF)
- Hossein Nasr’s The Heart of Islam
- Charles Le Gai Eaton’s Islam and the Destiny of Man
There is a lot of dogmatism and misinformation. If you have questions or comments, I would love to hear from you. You can leave a comment below or contact me elsewhere. Peace.
We have created you all out of a male and a female, and have made you into nations and tribes, so that you might come to know one another. [49:13]
Last updated: 20 February 2019