In time We shall make them fully understand Our messages through what they perceive in the utmost horizons of the universe and within themselves, so that it will become clear unto them that this revelation is indeed the truth.
— Surah Fussilat 41:53
Islam. Submitting, or yielding, to the Divine. It’s as simple as that. There is so much misunderstanding from both Islamophobes and sectarians. Read, think, feel, and experience it for yourself. Come with an open heart and mind. Remind yourself that we can only know so much. Don’t follow others. Head straight to the source, the Qur’an.
[It] is like an image of everything the human brain can think and feel, and it is by this means that God exhausts human disquiet, infusing into the believer silence, serenity, and peace.
— Frithjof Schuon in Understanding Islam
Some notable interpretations of the Qur’an are:
- The Great Qur’an (PDF) by the Monotheist Group
- The Message of the Qur’an by Muhammad Asad
- The Exposition of the Qur’an by G.A. Parwez
Aside from that, here are some other books I enjoyed:
- Islam: A Challenge to Religion (PDF) by G.A. Parwez
- The Heart of Islam by Hossein Nasr
- Islam and the Destiny of Man by Charles Le Gai Eaton
We have created you all out of a male and a female, and have made you into nations and tribes, so that you might come to know one another.
— Surah Al-Hujurat 49:13